Sunday 26 July 2009

THE SADDEST RETURN

By: Joel Mutia

Do you experience what they called “Cold Feet”. Yes, that’s what happens to me almost 2 yrs past. Before I decided to work abroad, there were so many things to weigh in until a verdict is made. It is about family, work, friend, work environment.
I remember what my mother told me going abroad requires a “ hugot bakos” a bisaya term which means A Tightly Fasten Belt. My sisters apply this principle and she survives for almost 13 year s in Saudi.

Supposed to be my flight was set 2 weeks earlier to my new schedule. For the reason of having Cold Feet experience. Things changed. Undecided in short period of time still confused which path I will follow. The secret is FAMILY. To work overseas in order to help and support my family.

After a year and months past, I come back home to Philippines for emergency reason. Thanks to my kindhearted bosses for they allow me to leave even If I didn’t finished the 2 years of stay. I consider it the Saddest Situation.

I’ve lose my father. He died Last April 7. I consider him as my Best Father. I remember him teaching me to draw, how to catch fish, a lot of things. And it is fun. I enjoy I love to be with him. For all my bro and sisters, I am the closest to him.
While I’m on my way to bus station, my phone rang and my sister was calling me. The heartbreaking news I ever heard. All I can do is to cry out while holding the lamp post just in front of me. I wanted to scream and I’m out of myself a minute. I cannot define my feeling that moment. I dream of a blink of an eye I can be beside my father.

The saddest return maybe the reason of my Cold Feet Experience.
My dear friends, if you still have your parent with you, do please show them how you love them and how you treasure them. Respect your parents. They are the Best parents in the world. Don’t wait the time you will experience the Saddest Return. Don’t be “cold feet” about your loved to your parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment